Pages

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Bedding in good habits

Does anyone else tend to focus on the income coming into their accounts rather than looking to see how much the overall value is going up and down?

I logged onto my trading account and got excited by the fact that another dividend payment had come through! This was a welcome surprise as June and July had been bumper months for my little portfolio, I was expecting a gap before the next payment, so another deposit was exciting to see!

This is what's all about, the steady stream of payments that has is not linked to my employment (aside from earning it in the first place, but lets ignore that for now). The direct link between money being saved month on month, and money being invested to pay me for doing nothing.

The random movement of the underlying market was irrelevant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment